tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. The Senior Accountant will support the Accounting Manager in the timely completion of monthly and annual financial reporting deliverables. This role will also liaise with tax advisors to meet Canadian and USA tax return deadlines. When not focused on financial reporting activities, the Senior Accountant will assist with process and system improvements, special projects, and in-depth analysis.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare period end working papers, analysis and reconciliations to support the organization’s monthly and annual financial reporting requirements
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, and consolidate financial statements.
- Assist the Accounting Manager conducting the annual review engagement.
- Ensure adherence to IFRS standards, identify risks, and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise and assist with the preparation of Canadian and USA tax returns
- Assist with sales tax oversight and compliance
- Assist in the continuous improvement of systems used by the accounting function
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand the business operations and improve efficiencies
- Work closely with cross-functional departments to ensure proper coding of expenses and journal entries
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Contribute to the professional development of the team through knowledge sharing and training sessions.