Social Media Specialist
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a detail-obsessed, dynamic and forward-thinking Social Media Specialist to join our Brand Marketing team to grow and nurture our online social community. Reporting to the Senior Brand Director, you will be responsible for executing and monitoring social strategies and campaigns across all social media channels. For this role, you will ensure that our social media marketing efforts are executed on time, on brand and contribute to the goals of the company.
Our ideal candidate will be inspired and excited by discussions around sustainability and environmentalism, and passionate about making this conversation more accessible to a diverse audience.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for tentree’s social media channel effectiveness with the aim to grow brand discovery, drive customer engagement, and create a community of advocates to the brand ethos and our products.
- You will develop channel-specific strategies to support business and marketing plans as well as setting KPIs, reporting, and recommending courses of action.
- You will oversee day-to-day management of tentree’s suite of social channels including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- You will recommend approaches to test evolving channels plus how to best leverage and navigate the evolving social landscape such as Threads and X.
- You will lead and manage our social media content calendar that supports both the brand product and brand ethos storytelling needs.
- You will run a weekly run-of-show with Creative, Film/Photo, Marketing and Brand teams for feedback on the content pipeline plus the last review of content to go live for the following week.
- Through our social media tools and active engagement, you will listen and capture current topics relevant to the brand’s ethos to capture content and conversation opportunities.
- You will develop campaign wrap-up reports as well as monthly, quarterly and annual social media reports to share with brand peers, Senior Brand Director and as directed including but not limited to advocacy (shares/comments, fan growth), engagement (likes, brand mentions), conversion (clicks, video view time) and revenue.
- You will identify and curate content to repost (photos, videos, etc.) that reflect the values and personality of the brand to ensure a robust content pipeline.
- You will brief in and assist in creating content with Creative and Marketing peers, as well as create content as needed.
- You will create an online community and grow share of voice by actively engaging with consumers via post comments and direct messages.
- You will identify content creators and influencers to partner with/leverage for future campaigns.
- You will collaborate with Brand Marketing team peers and external partners to develop giveaways and co-branded content.
- You will remain up-to-date on relevant social, influencer and ambassador content, changes, trends and strategies among both competitors and innovators outside of our industry.
- You will lead influencer relations and work with content creators to extend reach through our products and brand ethos. Tasks might include identifying influencers for paid partnerships, organizing product exchange for content, or managing paid content creator partnerships (which includes negotiating contracts, managing budget and arranging product shipments).
- You will develop influencer wrap-up reports (campaigns, monthly, quarterly and annual) to share with brand peers, Senior Brand Director and as directed.
- You will work with and support our brand marketers and other brand peers to ensure UGC is strategically integrated across all organic channels to provide general program support as assigned.
- You will create content creator guidelines as needed to support marketing programs.
- You will support and contribute to the evolution and success of our company’s brand ambassador program as directed.