tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Director, eCommerce to join our dynamic team! Reporting into the President, the successful candidate will play a strategic role on the leadership team in expanding and driving the company’s ecommerce business. With at least 10 years of experience in similar leadership roles, the Director of eCommerce will partner closely with Brand Marketing, Creative, Design, Product, Operations, external agencies and the entire leadership team. This individual will provide thought leadership, communicate strategic direction and implement a successful growth plan. You will be responsible for developing the strategy and execution to create a best-in-class digital consumer experience, which includes customer acquisition, conversion, retention and customer satisfaction across all ecommerce touchpoints.
What will you be doing?
Strategic & Financial Responsibilities:
- You will create, implement and drive strategy, execution and analysis of tentree’s ecommerce business based on site KPIs and performance, new and repeat customer cohort data, performance marketing MER and other calendar and promotional opportunities.
- You will build a scalable marketing budget and plan for growth across the global ecommerce business while expanding channel mix, and improving key customer KPI’s and overall profitability.
- You will work closely with the Brand team to execute and scale an acquisition strategy through both online and offline marketing channels including search engine marketing (SEM), Paid Social, search engine optimization (SEO), external partnerships and other direct marketing programs.
- You will continuously identify, test and implement new marketing channels while measuring existing channels for a portfolio effect which drives proper KPI’s.
- You will balance profitability and customers LTV through continuous improvement on the site performance and customer experience & satisfaction.
- You will manage and coordinate all marketing communication efforts through all digital channels including, but not limited, to email and mobile platforms. Ensure sales and margin goals are met.
- You will leverage a/b tests to optimize paid ads and site conversion.
- You will report and analyze channel and campaign performance real-time, daily, weekly and monthly; develop insights and make recommendations for action and opportunities.
- You will build and lead reporting and analytics across all channels and own the performance of all relevant KPIs (LTV, CAC, contribution margin, channel CPAs, customer cohort data, return rates, MER, etc.)
- You will manage external partners to optimize and expand upon existing marketing campaigns.
- You will develop an ongoing consumer insight feedback loop with consumers to help support and drive key business decisions and the overall consumer experience. Report on ongoing findings.
- You will be the expert on new, relevant technologies to help drive consumer experience including but not limited to website optimization and personalization.
- You will foster continuous improvement and lead a web development and site operations team to constantly improve the performance and user experience across the site.
- You will oversee a team of managers and associates and provide a high degree of coaching and development.
- You will lead by example, driving a high degree of collaboration, problem solving, and inclusivity across the organization.
- You will inspire and motivate the organization to get excited about digital strategies, tools, and business initiatives.
- You will work closely with the senior leadership team to drive organizational momentum and collectively motivate the larger team for continued business growth and impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in ecommerce, with a proven track record of driving sales growth and improving customer engagement
- Deep understanding of ecommerce platforms, tools, and technologies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks as needed.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to properly assess talent needs, skills and growth opportunities for the team and build succession plans
- Passion for sustainability and environmental conservation is highly desirable
- Extended healthcare plan
- Generous paid days off
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
- Discretionary bonus
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.