Manager, Photography & Film
Lyra Growth Partners
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
What are we looking for?
As our Film & Photo Manager, you are a visionary storyteller leading the creative direction and advancement of tentree’s studio and lifestyle photography and video projects. Here you help to lead the ideation to the creation of day-to-day photo and video assets for both brand and seasonal product campaigns while managing a small team of visual creatives. Reporting to the Senior Brand Director and dotted line to tentree’s Art Director, this is a highly collaborative role with a strong focus on elevating the brand ethos through studio and lifestyle photography approaches as well as ensuring the effective planning and execution of video projects for our brand storytelling on social and digital channels, web/e-comm ads, retail/wholesale and internal events.
What will you be doing?
- You will work with the Senior Brand Director and Art Director to set and uphold photography and video brand approaches to breathe life into tentree’s positioning around “everyday outside adventures”.
- You will actively contribute to the shaping and evolution of tentree’s photography and video approaches ensuring the work of you and your team reflects consumer needs and interests for these mediums.
- You will collaborate with internal peers (Marketing, Social, Copy, Design) and external partners to create work that delivers on assigned briefs/strategies to proactively bring forward new ideas and approaches to support creative brand/product storytelling.
- You will effectively map out story plans/boards for brand campaigns or assets to ensure content is captured to meet the specs of a variety of media.
- You will prep for, execute and lead lifestyle and studio photography and videography to support multiple brand initiatives such as e-comm/website, digital, print, retail and social.
- You will contribute to the selection of professional and freelance models with Art Director and Senior Brand Director.
- You will coach and review the work of photographers and video content creators, ensuring work is on brand brief/marketing strategy, key brand/product messages and reflects what engages people today.
- You will make technical and creative decisions regarding locations, appropriate lighting, shooting angles, placement and type of microphones, other audio needs, and other production issues.
- You must understand the creative requirements for the season and/or campaign as set by the Art Director.
- You will direct talent in a variety of poses to bring out the best in our products, ensuring it’s aligned with the provided art direction.
- You will lead the first pass of photography selects that represent the provided art direction/marketing brief to pass to the Art Director and Senior Brand Director.
- You must exercise independent judgment as well as team collaboration when assembling and editing material to ensure visual cohesiveness and consistency across channels.
- You will ensure the execution of all necessary steps of post-production to deliver high-quality, professional photos and video, including retouching or engaging/directing external retouchers, colour correction, motion graphics and compression for delivery.
- You will manage the post-production process of captured photography ensuring that all photos are processed, sized, identified, and uploaded within set deadlines and meeting campaign objectives.
Team and Function Leadership:
- You will establish and maintain creative and technical standards for film and photo.
- You will coach and review the work of Photographers and Video Content Creators, ensuring work is on brand brief/marketing strategy and key brand/product messages.
- You will manage the organization and maintenance of digital files, ensuring integrity and accessibility for the broader creative and brand marketing team.
- You will work closely with tentree’s Producer to ensure proper studio and staffing needs are scheduled, as well as production projects are allotted adequate creative/editing time and budget.
- You will provide technical support for live presentations and special events that broadcast audio/video.
- You will develop and execute technical direction, cues, and rehearsals for live/special events.
- You will oversee the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
- You will build and maintain relationships with outside freelancers and vendors.
- You will will be responsible for day-to-day budget administration including forecasting.