Head of Brand Marketing
- Head of Brand Marketing
IN A NUTSHELL
Since we launched our first range of five slim wallets in 2010, we’ve grown to offer a broad range of carry goods reaching customers in 160+ countries, selling through 1200+ physical retail locations and 20+ digital marketplaces globally. We’ve evolved and refined our approach over the years, but we remain guided by the same principles.
We're (still) on a mission to inspire better ways to carry, use business as a force for good and help the world, and our crew, flourish.
As a certified B Corp, we’re committed to operating a responsible business, balancing impact, profit and growth to create a meaningful, resilient, and engaging company. We’ve built a world-class team of experts in their fields to push us in the right direction. With great products and solid brand foundations, we feel primed to harness the potential of more focused brand marketing initiatives that can propel Bellroy further.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN.
As our first Head of Brand Marketing, you’ll be pivotal in growing Bellroy's awareness as well as co-piloting our brand strategy and how it responds to an ever-changing consumer culture. From product collaborations to content partnerships, campaign activations to community events; you'll get Bellroy out into the world in new ways, beyond our current quiver of performance marketing channels. You’ll find new ways to engage with unique yet aligned audiences, identify narratives that resonate globally and help us establish robust feedback loops that enrich our understanding of customer experiences. You'll lead a team and collaborate closely with our co-founders and cross-functional teams including Creative, Performance Marketing, Product Management and Sales.
Bring us your curious, analytical and insightful marketing brain to help us grow. In return, we’ll offer a line-up of great products, the ability to think big and a brand ready to hit new heights.
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK, HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE
- Met with the Head of Digital Sales to discuss tracking to sales targets and performance goals
- Worked with the Digital Content Coordinator to trigger an update to Amazon product titles to ensure maximum search visibility
- Briefed 'in storefront' updates to our Creative team in line with our new Outdoor campaign
- Had a conference call with our Customer Success Manager from Amazon to discuss high priority optimisation opportunities
- Chaired an Amazon Optimisation meeting to prioritise new projects with the cross-functional team
- Monitored customer reviews and provided feedback to the Product Management team on low rated products
- Worked with our Demand Planner to forecast units to sell on Amazon for an upcoming product launch
- Joined a call with our Amazon Advertising partner to brief them on our March Outlet sale
- Defined our deals & coupon strategy and developed a promotional calendar
- Supported the roll out of a new Amazon platform in an emerging market
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU HAVE...
- Have 7+ years of experience in marketing a product brand on a global scale and understand the nuanced differences between customer groups in key markets
- Have at least a couple of years experience managing marketing teams and genuinely enjoy helping others to progress
- Possess a deep understanding of the channels and methods to grow a brand following, and enjoy being involved in both brand strategy and implementation of these
- Are creative in your thinking and listen to your gut while knowing how important it is to verify a hunch (extra points if you’re familiar with System 1 and System 2 thinking)
- Know how to measure the impact of campaigns, recognising that sometimes measurement is through data analysis and sometimes it’s through novel ways to understand a campaign’s success
- Are willing to explain your ideas, and note that sometimes you’ll be convinced to change your mind, and that’s all part of the fun
- Studied psychology, either formally or informally along the way - considering human behaviour comes naturally to you and you use existing models to predict what might motivate customers to grow, engage or buy
- Enjoy exploring new ideas, tracking cultural trends, researching other brands and diving into datasets to build new models of how to engage the right audiences and evoke emotional connections
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials . We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities and are a certified B Corporation .
We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people and have been recognized as Australia’s Best Place to Work 2021 , in the "< 100 Employees" category. If you are excited by the idea of working in an intellectually challenging environment, in an award-winning culture with genuinely great people, this might be the role for you.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is a full-time role based out of our Collingwood (Melbourne) HQ.
Start Day: We're ready when you are!