IN A NUTSHELL
Bellroy is growing and searching for an Assistant Accountant to join the team. Reporting to our Finance Manager, you’ll work to maintain an environment of strong financial controls and utilise technology to streamline processes.
At Bellroy we work with a growth mindset - we’re always experimenting, iterating and shifting in search of better ways to achieve our goals. You’ll have plenty of new challenges to tackle and will have the opportunity to solve problems that you may have never faced before. You’ll need to be open to researching and trying something new, whether it is finding a way to automate processes or improving some reporting features in our ERP system Netsuite to make sure it is working in the way it should be and to its fullest potential.
We provide a learning environment and expect you’ll continuously develop while working here. Bring us your accuracy, problem-solving mind, and solid foundation of financial knowledge; in return, we’ll offer a world-class team to learn from, interesting work to engage with and a great culture to be a part of.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU...
- Have an accounting degree and working towards a CPA/CA
- 1-3 years of working experience in a finance role
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can work both autonomously and within a collaborative team environment
- Know how to prioritise tasks, research when you need to learn something and when the right time to ask for help is
- Know your way around spreadsheets (lookups, if functions, and pivot tables are not foreign to you)
- Want to work for a company that cares about doing good things for the world
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Worked with one of our department managers to ensure the accuracy of monthly expense reporting and forecasts
- Prepared bank account reconciliations
- Worked through our finance email and responded to some customer queries
- Noticed a process that could be improved and made some adjustments
- Assisted the Finance Manager with an ad hoc project such as a profitability analysis or research into ledgers and systems required for more detailed profitability reporting
- Joined our company-wide all-eyes event to learn more about the business as a whole
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is “to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish”. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives. We help our staff love their work and grow as people and as a proud B-Corp , we are constantly looking for better ways to do… well, everything. Want to help us?
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role based in our Collingwood office with work-from-home flexibility.
Start Date: We're ready when you are!