Graphic Designer - Product
IN A NUTSHELL
At Bellroy, we pour our heart, soul and many design hours into helping people move through the world seamlessly. As we continue to expand our product offering and find new audiences around the world, we’re looking for a graphic designer to help define what that looks like – in the physical world.
Reporting into our Product Design team, you’ll be the bridge betweenour creative and product design teams to ensure the Bellroy brand is shining brightly (and cohesively). You will work with our CMF, creative, production and partnerships teams towork out how best to apply graphic elements to our growing range of products.
Bring us your conceptual design brain, detail-oriented eye and desire to iterate. In return we’ll offer a world-class team to bounce off, the tools needed to do your thing and the support to help you flourish.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU HAVE...
- 2-4 years of experience in graphic or communication design role working directly with products
- Solid knowledge of – and passion for– product design, brand communication and product collaborations
- Illustration and logo design skills
- Ninja-level skills in Adobe – Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead projects from start to finish
- A keen eye for detail and understanding of how those elements make a product zing
- An open mind, tonnes of curiosity and a willingness to work hard to solve a problem
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Worked with our Corporate Sales team to deliver a number of branding proposals for pending clients
- Reserached and presented some ideas for new branding applications and product trims for a future range
- Generated a pitch deck for an upcoming brand partnership – including design mocks of how that partnership might show up in product form
- Spoken with our internal Product Development team to ensure the design intent of a print is captured when the product is manufactured
- Brought a special make-up (SMU) to life, working closely with the partnerships and product design teams to iterate a concept from pitch stage through to approval
- Developed some visual communication documents for our Corporate Sales team to share with potential customers
- Collaborated with the product design team and commissioned artists on a new pattern concept
- Brainstormed and jammed with our Bells Beach based product design team
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials . We are a certified B Corporation . We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get things done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people. Want to work with us?
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role, based out of either our Collingwood Office or Jan Juc Offices – our product design team is based down the coast and our preference would be that you have 2 days a week there to facilitate collaboration
Start Day: We're ready when you are!