Business Analyst (Margin & Pricing)
- Business Analyst (Margin & Pricing)
IN A NUTSHELL
Bellroy is a growing global company with 12+ years of success. We have expanded our reach to 172 countries, serving over 1,100 retail locations and releasing about 50 new products a year. Resilience is deeply ingrained in the fabric of our business, as we embrace the challenges of a dynamic global economy marked by constrained supply chains, rising costs, and fluctuating currencies. We are seeking a skilled business analyst, specialising in margin and pricing analysis, to dig into our data and refine and adapt our margin-management processes to drive sustainable growth.
You will play a vital role in transforming the source data into accessible, usable and actionable information that directly bolster the business's decision-making process. Collaborating cross-functionally throughout the organisation, you will enhance our understanding and optimisation of pricing and margins. By examining the drivers influencing our costs and establishing forecasts and performance metrics, you will facilitate the margin-monitoring function across all revenue channels. You will contribute to shaping our pricing strategy and oversee its implementation, ensuring suitable pricing for our extensive product range and global marketplaces in 18 currencies.
We’re really after someone who is fascinated by the applied side of business analysis. You’re someone who really wants data to be used to make a difference in the world, and you want to be at the heart of making that happen. If you bring your clear-thinking mind, and focus on practical applications of data to help us, our world-class team will give you the freedom, resources and support you need to make a difference.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU HAVE...
- 3+ years of experience working with large sets of data, including sourcing data from different systems, pulling it together and drawing practical insights out of it.
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet modelling and data visualisation using BI tools.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and ability to think about data flows: given some messy source data, you can find a clean normalised form.
- Attention to detail. You care about the nitty gritty of cell labelling and table naming because you know that these little things mean that your colleagues can quickly absorb the information you are providing, and draw appropriate conclusions from it.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- The desire to get your hands a bit dirty, you want to be involved in the implementation of the process you create so you can understand what is working and what you can do better next time.
- A knack for seeing which insights and pieces of information are the important ones for decision making, and an interest in designing reports that focus on the most important pieces while giving enough context to let people dive deeper if they want to.
- An interest in the commercial aspects of a business like Bellroy (for example, understanding what drives gross profit).
- An interest in programming (you don’t have to be a data scientist, a programmer or a statistician, but you probably have dabbled a bit in this area).
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST MONTH YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Analysed our supply chain costs to understand how they differ by product type and country; understand how this is impacting our landed cost & in turn our margins in each marketplace
- Identified key margin performance metrics and developed a Looker dashboard that helps you visualise and track their performance
- Rebuilt our new product pricing procedure to make sure we have globally consistent rule-based pricing
- Completed a pricing review after recent foreign exchange rate volatility, rolled out the updates across relevant systems and provided key stakeholders with a report that outlines the changes
- Improved the spreadsheet model used to calculate regional prices for a new product range to make it more robust and scalable; then shared and discussed the proposed prices with regional managers
- Spent time with our wholesale team understanding our discounts and markup rates to make recommendations to improve our profitability while maintaining healthy sales growth
- Discussed logistics costing with our Logistics and Sales Operations Manager and built a dashboard to monitor costs by provider
- Spoken with our Chief Production Officer to understand what is driving costs within manufacturing to see how we can optimise this space further
- Advised our CFO on pricing updates in one of our growing marketplaces
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials and are a certified B Corporation. We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people. Want to join us?## LOCATION AND HOURS
LOCATION & HOURS
This is a full-time role based out of our new Collingwood office (with WFH options).
Start Day: We're ready when you are!
Know someone who would be great for this job?
Something looks off?