Junior Account Manager (USA)
- Junior Account Manager (USA)
IN A NUTSHELL
is a global business (founded in Melbourne, Australia) with a bold growth plan. Since we sold our first wallet in 2011, we’ve diversified into bags, tech accessories and small leather goods. We’re now a team of 100+ staff, selling in more than 1,250 doorways and directly to consumers in 150 countries globally. We’ve got a growing account base in the U.S. which includes Nordstrom, MoMA, L.L. Bean and Moosejaw and we’re searching for an Account Manager to support our team during this exciting time.
We recognized pretty early on that we could use business as a force for good. So, as a certified B Corp, we constantly pursue better ways to source our leathers, reduce our impact on the environment and make sure our products last as long as possible. We’re proud of the products we make and equally proud of the relationships we build with our retailers based on respect, appreciation for good design and the mutual desire to help customers move through the world with ease. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, bring us your can-do attitude, people skills and love of organizing. In return we’ll provide you with an excellent work culture, a passionate team and the support to develop your skills.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE, IF YOU…
- Have 1-4 years of experience in a wholesale sales role or are a Coordinator looking for the next step in your career
- Are comfortable attaining quarterly and annual sales targets
- Have an eye for great product design and enjoy selling a high-quality, sustainably-made product
- Want to grow an existing base of U.S. retail accounts, open new doors and manage sales reps
- Are comfortable using technology including B2B platforms like NuOrder and systems like Slack and Asana to help with productivity
- Can manage, train and motivate sales reps in the field and work closely with agencies to help achieve sales targets
- Like to spend time with customers on assortment planning and in-store merchandising to drive sell-through and growth
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable delivering presentations to accounts and training sales reps
- Have strong organization and prioritization skills with a sharp eye for detail
- Go the extra mile and provide customers with exceptional service and attention
- Are willing to travel for account meetings, territory visits with sales reps and trade shows (approx. 20% of your time will include travel and can vary by selling season)
- Have a great attitude. You’ll bring energy and a solutions-focused approach to work every day
- Want to work collaboratively in a globally distributed team within a fast-paced, agile environment
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK, HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE…
- Called your accounts to talk through reorder opportunities, current sell-through and SOH
- Met with our Retail Marketing Manager to discuss a brand activation and visual merchandising opportunity for a specific account
- Researched and uncovered new retailers within your assigned territory and added them to our prospective account funnel in Asana
- Helped a sales rep create a line sheet in NuOrder for an important new account
- Reviewed new product launches on a video call with a number of your existing accounts
- Paid close attention to outgoing orders to ensure shipping deadlines and retailer compliance was met
- Completed some daily activities planning with your manager
- Hosted a sales training call with a rep agency to discuss new product features and benefits and brand attributes
- Attend a seasonal trade show and meet with current and prospective retailers to review the latest products from our offering.
YOU’D LOVE THIS ROLE IF YOU…
- Are searching for fully remote work while getting the chance to interact with lots of people (you’ll be working with our established team in the US as well as the team at our Australian HQ). We have great programs and work-flows to support remote collaboration and connection
- Want to be decked out in Bellroy product (you’ll have a yearly product allowance as well as a further 50% discount, because we know your friends and family will be jealous)
- Would fancy an annual trip to Australia for the Bellroy conference, where you’ll benefit from learning and development sessions and meeting your colleagues in-person
- Want fair leave entitlements of 20 days + 10 days personal leave (in line with our Australian policies, but with US public holidays)
- Are looking for a workplace that cares about your wellbeing and setting you up for success - we offer a benefits package and contribute to your work-from-home setup too.
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials. We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities and are a certified B Corporation.
We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people and have been recognized as Australia’s Best Place to Work 2021, in the "< 100 Employees" category. If you are excited by the idea of working in an intellectually challenging environment, in an award-winning culture with genuinely great people, this might be the role for you.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time position based remotely in the U.S. The role will report to our Sales Manager, Americas who is based on the west coast (PST) and will also need to communicate with our Melbourne office from time-to-time.
Start Day: We're ready when you are!
Know someone who would be great for this job?
Something looks off?