Finance Assistant (China)
- Finance Assistant (China)
我们希望通过优质的产品，给人们的日常生活增添愉悦与质感。我们也希望每一位员工都热爱自己的工作，并且相伴一同成长。作为一家认证 B Corp 「共益企业」，我们致力于帮助世界变得更美好。一方面，我们在不断寻求更好的方式来采购皮革（以保护环境和动物福利），减少对环境的影响，另一方面，也要确保我们的产品使用寿命尽可能长。 可持续的道路很长，我们会一直不断探索寻找更好的方法。
IN A NUTSHELL
Bellroy is growing and we’ve recently opened operations in China and are searching for a Finance Assistant to help maintain strong financial controls, use technology to streamline processes and take on the challenge of helping our business through a period of rapid growth. If you’re looking for a company where the work you do has an impact and you can work along-side a team of smart people with good intentions who get sh*t done, please read on…
As Bellroy’s Finance Assistant you’ll need to prepare month end reconciliations, understand China VAT, liaise with our suppliers, and keep our accounts receivables in control. You’ll have support from the team and local accounting firm to tackle new challenges and will have the opportunity to solve problems that you may have never faced before. We’d love it if you’re open to researching and trying something new, whether it is finding a way to automate processes or improving some reporting features in our ERP system Netsuite.
At Bellroy we work with a growth mindset - we’re always experimenting, iterating and shifting in search of better ways to achieve our goals. Bring us your accuracy, problem solving mind, and a solid foundation of finance knowledge; in return we’ll offer a world-class team to learn from, the tools to do your thing and growth opportunities.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU…
- Have 1-3 years of experience
- Have an accounting degree
- Are a native mandarin speaker with fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Know your way around spreadsheets
- Have experience working within an ERP system
- Have excellent communication skills (whether in person or remotely)
- Are familiar with e-commerce operations in China (ideal but not required)
- Want to work for a company that cares about doing good things for the world
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Worked with the Financial Manager on our end of month reconciliations of Chinese marketplaces
- Worked with our external accounting consultants to make sure sales and expenses are coded correctly
- Worked with our internal teams to allocate expenses such as freight, inventory and marketing costs
- Assisted the Finance Manager with an ad-hoc project like gathering the data for the audit of revenue recognition
- Worked with an external consultant to maintain our Chinese accounts within our ERP system, Netsuite
- Produced a channel-specific PNL report
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials. We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities and are a certified B Corporation.
We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people and have been recognized as Australia’s Best Place to Work 2021, in the "< 100 Employees" category. If you are excited by the idea of working in an intellectually challenging environment, in an award-winning culture with genuinely great people, this might be the role for you.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role based in China (remote).
Start Date: We're ready when you are!
Know someone who would be great for this job?
Something looks off?