Junior Demand & Supply Planner
- Junior Demand & Supply Planner
IN A NUTSHELL
Bellroy is growing and we’re searching for a Junior Demand & Supply Planner to join our Operations team. As a member of our Demand and Supply Planning function, you’ll be essential in helping us optimise our systems and processes to help us maintain this growth. Previous supply chain experience is not essential. What we’re really searching for is an analytical thinker who will maximise our inventory availability while minimising stock-holding, analyse our historical sales trends to generate sales forecasts and create supply plans to match supplier capacity.
You’ll be joining a team who think carefully about possibilities, build models, then use them to directly improve processes. You might have recently graduated or have a couple of years of professional experience. We know analytical thinkers can have all sorts of backgrounds but you’ll need to get a kick out of working with large datasets and keen to use data to question, tweak and create processes to help drive us towards achieving our goals. We use a demand planning software called StockIQ, and you’ll be key to helping us design and optimise it to make sure we keep pace during this time of rapid development.
If you get excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment working alongside a team of smart people with good intentions who get shit done, you should probably read on…
YOU’D MAKE A GREAT PLANNING OFFICER IF YOU…
- Have recently graduated or have a couple of years of experience under your belt within a relevant field (supply chain, data, engineering, accounting etc)
- Want to develop a deep understanding of how things work and what is going on under the hood
- Desire to work with data to draw practical insights from it and use it to improve our inventory health
- Can pinpoint when and where a process is flawed and are able to question when something doesn’t make sense
- Are keen to work autonomously to build systems that work and update processes as improvements reveal themselves to you
- Are hard-working, meticulous and highly organised
- Can plan with precision and great attention to detail noticing when we’re getting off-track and proactively putting corrective actions in place
- Are interested in developing your technical skills while interacting with systems (we use Netsuite (ERP), StockIQ (Demand Planning) and Looker (BI Tool)
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK, HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE
- Worked closely with the Supply Planner to create the weekly replenishments into Amazon’s FBA warehouses
- Assisted the Demand Planner to modify StockIQ's forecasts by adding seasonality, events and uploading operational forecasts
- Learned how to use Stock IQ to complete warehouse transfers between our 5 parent warehouses to balance inventory
- Assisted in creating a Supply Plan for one of the Suppliers, ensuring optimal levels of inventory will be met
- Tracked and inspected the forecast accuracy of Amazon marketplaces and made adjustments with Stock IQ’s widgets
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials. We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities and are a certified B Corporation.
We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people and have been recognized as Australia’s Best Place to Work 2021, in the "< 100 Employees" category. If you are excited by the idea of working in an intellectually challenging environment, in an award-winning culture with genuinely great people, this might be the role for you.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is full-time and based in our Collingwood office.
Start Day: We're ready when you are!
Know someone who would be great for this job?
Something looks off?