Apparel Graphic Designer
Lyra Growth Partners
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented Apparel Graphic Designer to join our local team in Vancouver. This role is responsible for overseeing our product graphic work with the goal to create unique and original graphics, plaids, and prints that connect tentree’s customers to our mission....while inspiring them to take part in our journey.
What will you be doing?
You will collaborate with the Senior Design Manager and Design and Graphics team in creating the seasonal graphic direction and themes, creating original artwork, and executing all steps necessary for commercialization.
You'll work closely with our overseas partners to ensure our strike-offs meet quality standards while taking ownership of artpacks, visual line plans, PLM updates, and the graphic development tracker. Responsibilities will also include graphic-related projects such as theme-specific capsules, Special Make-Up graphics, and possible collaborations with internal and external partners. In addition, an important part of this role will be guiding, mentoring, and developing junior member(s) of the team.
Seasonal Graphic Development
- You will participate in pre-season brainstorming to define design and graphic direction.
- You will develop seasonal graphic themes, with collaborative review and finalization in conjunction with Design and Merchandising teams.
- You will partner with Design to allocate seasonal graphic function by theme and launch date.
- You will organize workload and execute on graphic development according to GTM (Go-to-Market) milestones.
- You will develop graphic illustrations (hand and computer-generated), phrases, plaids, and prints for woven, cut & sew and fully fashioned apparel and accessories. You will manage submission timing, review, and approval to meet GTM milestones.
- You will create artpacks and strike-off requests for manufacturers. You will review as needed and comment back to manufacturer.
- You will create and maintain graphic development tracker.
- You will finalize and maintain production-ready artwork files, art specs and technical illustrations of artwork placement.
- You will maintain and update PLM information and Visual Line Plans.
Special projects & initiatives
- You will coordinate and oversee the execution of graphic work related to special projects (capsules, Special Make-Ups, collaborations, etc.), ensuring alignment with the product design and graphic language.
- You will partner with and liaise between key project stakeholders (e.g. Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Wholesale) to understand project intent, create proposals, seek approval, and execute.
- You will support the Accessory team in category-specific graphic or illustration development (e.g. scarves, jacquard toques, socks, etc.).
- You will assist with the update and approval of the seasonal SMU (Special Make-Up) graphic library. You will support The SMU Coordinator with strike-off review and/or approval as needed.
- Graduate or post-graduate level in Graphic Design, Surface Design, or Fashion Design & Technology.
- Minimum 4+ years working in a graphic or surface design role (preferably within an apparel or accessory brand).
- Experience with or strong knowledge of developing and applying artwork to textiles including production techniques and processes.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proven abilities to design artwork including hand-drawn illustrations, computer-manipulated artwork (flats and apparel CAD’s are a bonus), textile repeats, stripes, plaids, jacquards and intarsias.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail is necessary.
- Previous peer mentorship experience preferred.
- Passionate about sustainability or eager to learn more about it.
- Extended healthcare plan
- Generous paid days off
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
- Discretionary bonus
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.