Financial Analyst (Wholesale)
- Financial Analyst (Wholesale)
IN A NUTSHELL
Since Bellroy launched with a range of five wallets 12+ years ago , we’ve shipped carry goods to 172 countries from warehouses on four continents, sold out of 1100+ doorways and now release about 50 products a year (give or take). We are proud of the products we put out into the world, and our Wholesale team is essential in making sure we sell our products through channels to reach our customers in-store, wherever they may be.
As our Financial Analyst, you’ll have a wide remit and work to ensure our wholesale team is armed with the right information and smooth processes to do their best work and make good decisions for the business. Whether through creating business cases to analyse the profitability of a new opportunity, researching new markets to develop into or ensuring ordering systems and processes are optimised, you’ll play an essential role in helping Bellroy grow.
Bring us your problem-solving skills, love of data analysis and commercially focused mind. In return, we’ll offer an award winning company culture to be a part of, an awesome team to bounce off and plenty of learning opportunities along the way.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU...
- Have 3-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Are well versed in spreadsheets and have the financial acumen to shape annual wholesale budget plans and create models to help improve our budgeting process
- Enjoy data analysis and have an understanding of how product businesses operate, this could have been through your studies or skills you acquired professionally
- Understand what drives gross profit and contribution margins and are interested in the commercial aspects of a business like Bellroy
- Enjoy diving deep into product forecasting models and are excited to work with key stakeholders in Operations and Demand Planning to ensure proper inventory levels to drive sales
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and logical, careful decision-making and the ability to learn quickly in new spaces
- Love good processes, optimising and creating them to help others be more effective
- Posses the technical capability to lead systems integrations (experience with EDI and NuOrder ( would be a bonus)
- Want to work collaboratively in a team within a fast-paced, agile environment
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST MONTH YOU MIGHT HAVE…
- Developed a business case with our sales manager to explore an opportunity to expand into 6 new stores with an existing partner in New Zealand
- Attended the fortnightly demand planning meeting and relayed relevant information back to the wholesale team
- Met with members of our Finance team to discuss balance sheet reserves we set up for major retailers to assist with their markdowns or returns provisions
- Explored and developed a 5-year plan to increase sales of our largest distributor in Asia by 30% year on year
- Analysed past sell-through data and evaluated whether a shop-in-shop opportunity with an Australian department store would be profitable
- Worked with our data team to create a model for analyzing retailer sell-through data and used the information to inform product assortments at stores
- Jumped onto a non-compliance report and explored an ordering system to understand the issue to ensure the right information is fed through in the future
- Scoped what work would be required to integrate Bellroy systems with a new partner’s sales platform
- Conducted a monthly sales report, noticed a discrepancy and explored this further
- Researched retail trends in Asia to understand new opportunities in the region
- Improved an ordering system process to ensure product data is accurate in our systems
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is full time and is based at our office in Collingwood with some work-from-home flexibility.
Start Day: We're ready when you are!