Studio Photographer + Retoucher
- Studio Photographer + Retoucher
IN A NUTSHELL
We’re a design brand, so visuals matter. We take pride in the way our products are made, and beautiful, meticulous product photography is key to getting that across to our customers. We’re looking for an emerging photographer to capture our growing product range in the best light and retouch imagery to ensure our customers have a world-class online experience.
Someone who works methodically, reveling in the process with an eye for finessing the details. Examples are working with overlays to match angles, shaping products on set to achieve the accurate silhouettes and using our archive of props to personify product internals. A single product (with multiple SKUs) can require 100+ images, and post-production requires a certain eye and care. With leather scratches to retouch, fabric creases to lighten, loose threads to eliminate and material colors to match, it’s the details that matter and getting them right is something you genuinely enjoy. While being in the studio and retouching with your headphones on might be your happy space, (and something you will do a lot of) you also love bouncing off others and working within our wider Creative team to achieve greater goals.
Bring us your precision, steady hand and love of details. In return, we’ll provide you with a fully equipped studio, a great team to work with and the tools to do great work.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU HAVE...
- A strong understanding of studio photography and lighting
- 1-4 years of experience shooting e-commerce product photography
- Experience of shooting tethered to Capture One
- Professional level post-production and retouching - Photoshop
- The ability to work methodically and enjoy taking a project from start to finish
- The desire to work for a product business doing great things
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE…
- Photographed our new range of tech accessories
- Worked with our Photography Lead to forward plan capacity, building out shot lists for the week ahead
- Joined a weekly team meeting with the Photography and Video team to understand new product release dates and planned to ensure deadlines are met
- Liaised with our Production team to understand where product samples might differ and require additional retouch ahead of a product shoot
- Retouched product photography, received and implemented feedback and shared with the wider team for final approval
- Discussed creative ideas with the photography and video team for the next Bellroy campaign
- Photographed new company portraits for the Bellroy crew and captured some beautiful imagery of the office spaces
- Brainstormed how you might shoot and style a new lifestyle backpack with our growing range of studio props
- Joined our Creative team for a blue skies brainstorming session on a Friday afternoon.
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
We make great products that delight people in their everyday lives. We help our staff love their work and grow as people. We believe in working to help make the world a better place. As a certified B Corp , we pursue better ways to source our leathers (for environmental impact and animal welfare), reduce our impact on the environment and make sure our products last as long as possible. We are constantly looking for better ways to do… well, everything.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role based in our Collingwood office, home of our Studio (equipped with lighting, stands, grips, etc). The role is an approx 50-50 split between Photography and Retouching.
Start Day: We're ready when you are!